This is delivered as a Live Online “Virtual Class” – What is a Virtual Class? More info here
Graphic design terminology from Concept to visual, layout techniques, typography, colour usage, image usage, new skills and advanced studio tools usage, professional tips and tricks and so much more is waiting for you at Academy Class Graphic Design Technique 101: Yellow Belt course!
You can use the technology but do you know how to design? Take a step away from the software an learn the principles of graphic design. This class is great if you’d like to learn professional design skills needed to improve your marketing materials and other such collateral.
Who is this course for?
Some basic knowledge of either InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator is required. It would be great if you have already taken a software class at Academy Class such as Creative Suite Jumpstart for Designers, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
What you will learn
• Design terminology
• What to consider before starting a project
• A non-designers guide to getting inspired
• From concept to visualization
• The 5 principles of good design
• Layout techniques
• An introduction to typography
• Choosing and combining the right typefaces
• Creating interesting type treatments
• An introduction to colour theory
• Working with different colour combinations
• Getting the most out of your images
• Skills and studio tools
• Printing and technical considerations